The terraced bourgeois house in the square, the administration seat of the significant Thurzó-Fugger copper company Ungarisches Handel in the years 1492 to 1540, was built at the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries from the original old houses called Mittelhaus. Portals, vaulted passage, wood-beamed ceilings on the ground floor and on the first floor, as well as green hall barrel vaulted vault are related to this – still Gothic – stage. Its walls are covered with frescoes with plant motifs and figural scenes with secular and biblical themes. The facade is covered by sgraffito decoration. The current appearance of the building dates from the Renaissance reconstruction in the second half of the 16th century, during which another floor was added and the house was widened to the hitherto freely neighborhood aisle. Construction was completed by high attic with a horn frieze at the top. The subsequent constructional adaptation in the 17th century altered the façade that received a plastic bossage to the corner and painted cordon cornices separated individual stories. Following the memorial restoration on the facade presenting the two first stages of the house‘s construction in 1958 the premises were made available for museum exhibitions.
Heritage > National cultural monuments