An original medieval single-storey manor from the middle of the 15th century was rebuilt and adjusted to the Renaissance style by the Bebek family. Later extensions and reconstructions performed by the Andrássy family from the end of the 18th century fundamentally changed the character of the fortified object secured by corner towers and embrasures. Today´s form of a comfortable country seat of higher noblemen was achieved after a radical historical adjustment and extension between the years 1880-1886 under Emanuel Andrássy. The interior furnishings of the manor house, which is used as a hunter´s mansion, with subjects from various styles, belong among the best preserved in Slovakia. Its furnishings are made accessible to the visitors in the museum focused on the life and culture of the Hungarian nobility in the 18th and 19th century. The library deserves special attention with twenty thousand titles established in the second half of the 18th century. The manor house is situated in one of the largest preserved English parks in Slovakia with many Romantic structures and artificial ruins.
Heritage > National cultural monuments