The First Evangelical Lyceum building from the late 18th century is among those memorials especially connected with the period of national revival. At the beginning of the 19th century the lyceum focused efforts on the formation of the scientific community, which had become a center of the growing reciprocal literary and linguistic unity of the Czechs and Slovaks. The main carrier of new philosophies was Ľudovít Štúr, who lectured here to 1843. The second, newer building was built in close proximity in the years 1854 – 1855. The memorial plaque on the corner recalls the most significant figures who studied at both buildings.
Heritage > National cultural monuments