A memorial of the battles of the Carpathian-Dukla operation with columbarium and cemetery of the Czechoslovak and Soviet soldiers was built in memory of the fallen during the liberation of Czechoslovakia in World War II. A monumental, 28-meter high granite pylon wedge was shaped from the year 1947 to 1949 and its architectural expression follows the functionalist tradition of inter-war architecture. It was built according to the project of the Prague architect J. Gruss. Since 2014, a part of it has been a copy of the original statue of a Czechoslovak soldier, built back in 1949, but in the 50s the totalitarian regime removed and replaced it with a sculpture by J. Kulich. Today it has been moved to the area of the sightseeing tower above the monument at Dukla. The cemetery contains the buried soldiers of the First Czechoslovak Army Corps. Part of the area is also a contemporary exhibition of military equipment.
Heritage > National cultural monuments