The mansion was built in the centre of the village in 1793-1795 in the place of a building from the first half of the 17th century following the requests of the new owners, the Brunsvik family. In 1792 Joseph Brunsvik (1750 – 1827) addressed Johann Joseph Thalherr, the principal architect at the Hungarian Royal Chamber of Engineering with the requirement to develop plans how to rebuild the castle so that it would suit the social status of the owner. The work took place until 1796. The mansion was rebuilt and extended into a Baroque-Classicist building, while in the early 19th century many other constructions were added: a theatre, gardener house, orangery, spa house in the garden, arbours in the park and similar objects. The next reconstruction in the Classicist style followed the project of A. P. Riegel. Together with this reconstruction they planted an extensive, originally more than 100-hectare-large English park there, designed by the Belgian garden architect Heinrich Nebbien. Some pieces of ornamental trees and plants, for example Sierran redwood, have been preserved until today from the original park, abounding with ornamental specimen of trees. The newer part of the park is a rose garden from the early 19th century, famous for its developer and beautifier Countess Chotek. In the vast landscape park, which the Krupský potok stream flows through, there is a pond. The obelisk and grotto come from the original concept of Nebbien.
One part of the mansion is a pavilion, originally the gardener house, which is together with the mansion connected with the stay of the famous composer Ludwig van Beethoven. It documents the life and work of this important European composer, with special emphasis being laid on his relationship to Slovakia and the reflection of the composer’s message in Slovakia. The Memorial of Ludwig van Beethoven, opened in the garden pavilion in the park of the mansion, is part of the Music Museum SNM in Bratislava.
Heritage > National cultural monuments