Plavecký Peter lies on the western slopes of the Small Carpathian Mountains, in the Záhorská Lowlands and in the Senica District at an altitude of 194-650 metres. It was formed in the border area of Hungary, probably in the 11th-12th centuries as a guarding settlement of Plavcov on the western edge of the Hungarian Kingdom. It was an agrarian bondsmen village for the gentry of Plavecký Castle. The first written record of the village dates back to 1394 when the nobleman Stibor from Stiborice acquired the Plavecký estate from King Sigismund. In 1709, during the Rákoci revolt, the village burned down, only to suffer another fire in 1776. In 1828 there were 105 houses and 770 inhabitants in the village. Besides farming, they engaged in logging and in manufacturing and trading lime, wood coal and adobe brick. The buildings line the roads and are made up of one-sided longitudinally built-up yards running deep into the plots. The mason dwelling house stands in the front section of the yard, with its farmstead section comprising pantries, stables, and loft-covered open space in the ingress area (úkol). The plot is closed off by a crosswise-set barn. The preserved buildings date mostly from the second half of the 19th century when the older wooden structures were replaced with mason constructions made of adobe brick. The longitudinal ground floor houses with gable roofs are characteristic with discharge pipes (žudre)-lined entrances and the articulated Baroque and Classicist morphology-inspired mason gable walls. Almost 30 structures in the village have been proclaimed national cultural monuments, 25 of them are folk architecture houses. The originally Renaissance Roman Catholic church from 1600 was remodelled in the early 18th century in Baroque style.